July Lunch with Akamai
Perimeter based security models have served Enterprises well in the past but are increasingly losing their effectiveness when applied to modern workloads and topologies. As applications shift into the cloud, and employees, partners, and contractors shift to remote access in homes and coffee houses, the perimeter itself is dissolving. Traditional VPNs are being stretched beyond their initial purpose to desperately try to hold together the remnants of an increasingly obsolete network architecture. And no one knows that better than the threat actors who are exploiting weaknesses in traditional security perimeters that simply weren’t designed for this.
In this talk, we will cover:
• The traditional network perimeter is the enemy of diverse virtual workloads and roaming users.
• Attempting to tie modern workloads to perimeter security actually breaks security AND performance.
• What is theZero Trust model? Why it is key to securing access to your network?
• Zero Trust provides both security while removing the traditional performance hurdles.
• How Google’s BeyondCorp and Akamai’s Cloud Perimeter are evolving Enterprise Security and Access to meet those needs.
Our speaker is Patrick Sullivan, Chief Security Architect & Director of Global Security Strategy at Akamai.
In his 12 years at Akamai, Patrick has held a number of leadership positions including leading the Enterprise Security Architect team.
Address: 655 Discovery Dr, Huntsville, AL
Start Time: 11:30AM
Cyber Camp Volunteer Mentoring & Dinner
Are you an experienced cyber professional who'd be willing to share your advice and experience with the next generation over dinner? Then NA...
We Learn Technology/Cyber Range Development 11-28
Join us in Room 1220
We Learn Technology is a group of people interested in learning and distributing technological, IT centric knowl...