Congratulations to Huntsville and North Alabama’s 2019 CyberPatriot winners
As we have entered the New Year, congratulations are in order for those in North Alabama that participated in the 2019 CyberPatriot competition! Rankings have just been announced for the state’s outstanding participants (see list below).
CyberPatriot is the National Youth Cyber Education Program created by the Air Force Association to inspire K-12 students toward careers in cybersecurity and other STEM disciplines.
Students will soon have the opportunity to compete for scholarship money at the National Cyber Summit’s Cyber Cup Challenge. The event aims to inspire technical skillset development through fun security-focused competitions and is open to high school students, college students and professionals.
Save the date for June 2-4, 2020, and be on the lookout for more information at www.nationalcybersummit.com.
State Rankings for Alabama from CyberPatriot
1. Huntsville HS JROTC (Air Force - Huntsville City Schools)
2. James Clemons HS JROTC (Army - Madison City Schools)
3. Hazel Green HS (Navy - Madison County Schools)
1. Redstone Ser-AL119 (Civil Air Patrol - Huntsville)
2. Hazel Green HS (Navy - Madison County Schools)
3. Lee/New Century (Army - Huntsville City Schools)
1. Fort Payne HS (Civil Air Patrol - NE Alabama)
2. Hartselle HS (Civil Air Patrol - Morgan County)
3. Springfield Ser-AL087 (Civil Air Patrol - Birmingham Area)
1. Virgil Grissom HS - Huntsville City Schools
2. Huntsville HS - Huntsville City Schools
3. Huntsville HS - Huntsville City Schools
1. Wetumpka HS - Mobile Area
2. Wetumpka HS - Mobile Area
3. Providence Classical School - Huntsville
1. Al School of Math/Science (Mobile Area)
2. Pike Road HS (Montgomery Area)
3. Huntsville Steam Works - Huntsville
Middle School Division
1. Challenger Middle School (Huntsville City Schools)
2. Sparkman Middle School (Madison County Schools)
3. Discovery Middle School (Madison County Schools)